What Is Carrier Screening?Often called preconception genetic testing, carrier screening is a simple blood or saliva test that can help you protect your future children from inheriting a genetic condition.
Who Needs This Test?Carrier Screening is a smart choice for anyone planning a family. All people of reproductive age should know their carrier status.
Why Get Tested?We can help you understand your reproductive risk and take control of your family-building options. IVF with genetic testing of embryos can help you have a healthy baby.
Contact UsOur team of geneticists is dedicated to delivering an outstanding customer experience. Contact us to learn more about Carrier Screening at
Your DNA – Your Past, Your Present, Your Future
Every person gets half of his or her DNA from each of their parents before they are born. Genetic conditions happen when a person doesn’t inherit enough working copies of a specific gene.
- The average person carries three to five disease-causing genetic variants, but most have no symptoms of illness.
- People who are missing one copy of a gene may never show signs of the associated genetic condition, but are considered “carriers.”
- People who are missing both copies of a gene will express symptoms of the genetic condition linked to that gene.
- 45% of people who undergo carrier screening are found to carry at least one genetic condition.
- 3.5% of couples screened are found to have an increased risk of passing on a genetic condition.
- When two people who carry the same genetic variant have a child, the risk of that child having a genetic disorder is 25% to 50%.
Genetics Providers Carrier Screening checks for 175+ different genes to determine if any working copies are missing.
Scientific Excellence with a Personal Touch
Genetics Providers is committed to bringing you all the advantages of the most advanced science available, with a personal touch that provides peace of mind. Our experienced geneticists, physicians, genetic counselors and patient care teams work together to provide an unparalleled customer service experience, going above and beyond to ensure that all of your questions are answered and that you have all the information you need to make informed decisions about your medical care.
Genetics Providers is committed to maximizing your access to high-quality genetic testing at an affordable and transparent cost. We will work with your insurance company and provide full-service billing support, from obtaining prior authorizations to helping you find financing to cover any out-of-pocket costs, if needed. Contact us to learn more.